- face Lecture
- Physics Content Learning Objectives
- Explain the consequences of energy and angular momentum conservation in a system of interacting particles.
- Use effective potential diagrams to determine properties of classical orbits.
- Solve for the quantum properties of a particle confined to a ring, rigid rotor, and the hydrogen atom in several different representations.
- Relate the state of a quantum system (ring, rigid rotor, hydrogen atom) to graphs of a wave function.
- Apply Schroedinger time dependence to central force systems (ring, rigid rotor, H atom).
- Mathmatics Content Learning Objectives
- Solve ordinary differential equations using power series methods.
- Solve the initial value problem for partial differential equations with more than one spatial variable.
- Professional Learning Objectives
- Communicate scientific ideas in writing and with other representations (e.g. graphs, code), using good scientific language and practices, concisely and without ambiguity.
- Learn to work with and communicate productively and respectfully with peers and collaborators of different backgrounds.
- Cite the information and ideas obtained from or with others in a clear and professional manner.
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner with others in the work environment when things don't go to plan.
- Learning Outcomes